Benefits of Massage
There are many, many benefits to receiving regular massages. Some of these include:
- relief of stress & tension
- relaxe tight muscles
- improve circulation
- increase flexibility in joints
- better breathing
- induces relaxation
- relief of fatigue
- relief of pain & discomfort
- assist in flushing out toxins & lactic acids
- improve muscle tone
- assist in breaking up adhesions and 'knots' in muscles
- reduce muscle spasms
- promote good physical & mental health
Whew! and these are only SOME of the benefits.
The key to really and truly reap the benefits of your massages is to maintain a regular schedule in your massage therapy. I recommend a once-a-month full body massage at the bare minimum. The grand thing about massage is that too much is never a bad thing! [okay, if you're contraindicated~ then one is too much, but for the average healthy person you're fine.] I have seen clients on a weekly basis even!
There's a few things you need to take into consideration when deciding the amount of therapy you need:
- First of all, do you have a specific muscle related issue? like sciatica, or even headaches.
- Are you particularly active? like a runner, a rollergirl, or a weightlifter.
- How much time do you have available for appointments?
- and lastly...sorry, no way around it...your money situation is a consideration. *
* oh, i know...money, money, money...but it's a fact of life. The fact is that even if you really need weekly massages to take care of that sciatica that's flaring up but you only have enough for every 3 weeks...well, then every 3 weeks is the best you can do. And there's nothing wrong with that at all.